A Frozen Peppermint Mocha is always a nice pick me up, even if it is below freezing outside. Top it with whipped cream, crushed peppermints and chocolate syrup for a sweet treat!
Confession: Nikolai loves coffee… but I’m not a fan of regular consumption for kiddos. On occasion, we allow him to have a cup of decaf coffee. But, I do know he loves a Peppermint Mocha for a special treat.
For me, there’s something that doesn’t quite match with chocolate and mint combined. I never could get on board. Nevertheless, I love a good coffee drink, and this is a great recipe for your basic mocha.
This fun beverage is perfect for a special treat during Christmas, Valentine’s Day or even summer.
Related Post: Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day as a Blended Family
Ingredients for Frozen Peppermint Mocha
With a few indulgent ingredients, you can enjoy this minty, chocolaty concoction. If you aren’t a fan of the peppermint flavor, just leave it out.
- dark chocolate chips
- hot chocolate mix
- chocolate syrup
- peppermint extract
- Whipped cream for topping
- peppermint candy
How to Make a Frozen Peppermint Mocha
Combine milk, coffee, ice, chocolate chips, hot chocolate mix, chocolate syrup, and peppermint extract in a blender and blend until combined. If you aren’t a fan of the peppermint flavor, just omit.
Drizzle chocolate syrup inside mug, then pour drink mix into the cup.
Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and crushed peppermint candy.
Basic Frozen Mocha Recipe, with Peppermint
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup coffee
- 2 cups ice
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 packets hot chocolate mix
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1-2 drops peppermint extract optional
- Additional chocolate syrup for topping optional
- Whipped cream for topping optional
- Crushed peppermint candy for topping optional
- Combine milk, coffee, ice, chocolate chips, hot chocolate mix, chocolate syrup, and peppermint extract in a blender and blend until combined.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup inside mug, then pour drink mix into the cup.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and crushed peppermint candy.